YOUR CONSENT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
WHAT INFORMATION MAY WE COLLECT FROM OUR USERS?
We may collect different types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information ("Non-personal Information"). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which is available to us while Users are using the Service. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information (e.g the browser type and version, device type).
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information ("Personal Information"). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User. The Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide when Users wish to contact us or register to the use the Service which requires
- In addition, we may collect Special Categories of Personal Data when you choose to add this information to your account. This includes information you provide about your ethnicity, health or medical conditions or treatments. We use the information to recommend relevant posts or communities to you which match the conditions, health topics or ethnicity. We also allow you to share this information with other users if you choose. You can also withdraw your consent at any time by removing this information from your account.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
Personal and Non-personal Information which is being gathered in connection with your use of the Service may consist of the following:
- Technical Information. The User may automatically provide us with certain technical Non-personal Information and aggregated usage information, such as the User's mobile device brand and model, operating system type and version, browser information, language, screen resolution, geolocation, altitude, which Third Party Services’ applications are installed on the User’s device and User’s uses thereof through the Service, the User's manual configurations, 'click-stream', session recordings, interactions and activities on the Service, the period of time the User used the Service and related timestamps, crash and error logs, etc.
- Information from Social Networks and Other Service Providers. When contacting our Service via Facebook or other social networks or platforms (as applicable), we may have access to your public profile, which includes your name, profile picture, gender, age group and residency.
You may choose to share with us more information from your social network account (such as Facebook) or other service providers. Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Service.
When you connect to the social network account through the Service for the first time or otherwise make the Service interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Service. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with the privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly, we only collect such information which you have allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, profile picture, email address or other information you make publicly available). You understand that the Service may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third-party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your account.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ON OUR USERS?
There are two main methods we use:
- Use of the Services. We collect Non-Personal and Personal Information when you register with, access or use the Service. In other words, we are aware of your usage of the Service and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. We also collect Non-Personal and Personal Information derived from information we receive from third party services and providers we work with.
- Voluntarily Provided. We may collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Service. We may also collect information provided via your social network account(s) in the event that you voluntarily choose to share it with us (like Facebook) and may also collect Non-Personal Information through the processing, analysis and anonymization of Personal Information provided by you.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR USE?
- When Performing our services under the TOU: We collect and process your Personal Information in order to provide you with the Service, following your acceptance of these Terms and to maintain our Service to you.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION?
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate and improve our Service through features such as data analytics and manage our business;
- To find and analyze the correlations between different groups of patients and treatments;
- To personalize our service to you by generating insights for our Users and connecting patients with similar conditions so that they may share their treatment histories and experiences, ensuring a better User experience;
- To provide the medical world with a research platform where only de-identified and aggregated data is accessible.
- To send you updates, notices, notifications, announcements, and additional information related to the Service;
- To be able to manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- To display or send to you marketing and advertising material and general and personalized content and advertisements via the Service, email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices;
- To develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- To create cumulative statistical data and other cumulative information and/or other conclusive information that is non-personal, in which we and/or our business partners might make use of in order to operate and improve our Website and provide related services;
- To perform scientific and market research and improve treatment options for patients. With your consent, we may share your information with our Partners in industry, government and/or academia for research purposes, as more fully described below. We may share de-identified or aggregated data for research purposes only;
- To perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- To comply with any applicable rule or regulation and/or respond to or defend against legal proceedings brought against us or our affiliates.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The CureRate Community: Through your use of the Service you may choose to share various data and information, including your name, profile photo or possibly other Personal Information, with other Users with the same condition(s) or with the broader CureRate community at large, as provided in the TOU. Sharing your information and experiences with other Users is a way to add value to the community experience and makes the Service beneficial for everyone involved, and it will always be done with your explicit consent.
- Third Party Services: We are partnering with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting, database and server co-location services (e.g. Amazon (AWS)), data analytics services (Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Segment analytics, Mixpanel), e-mail and text message distribution and monitoring services (SendGrid), session replay records for analytic purposes such as crashes, functionality and usability (e.g. TrackJS) and our business, legal and financial advisors (collectively, "Third Party Service Providers").
- Such Third-Party Service Providers may receive or otherwise have access to your Personal Information, depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing the Service, and may only use your Personal Information for such purposes. Such disclosure or access is strictly subject to the recipient's or user's undertaking of confidentiality obligations, and the prevention of any independent right to use this data except as required to help us provide the Service.
- Our Partners. With your explicit consent, we may share your information, in individual and aggregate format, with our valued partners, including but not limited to those in the medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, academic institutions, and government agencies and regulatory bodies, including regulatory bodies such as the American CDC and FDA, or other national and international bodies, as applicable and as necessary. We may share only de-identified or aggregated information with Partners in order to conduct scientific research, as part of our Service. When disclosing information to our Partners or otherwise selling user information for scientific or market research purposes, we make sure to anonymize and/or remove all Personal Information or other personally-identifying indicators in the data (de-identification) to minimize the possibility of accidental member identification.
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law: We may disclose or otherwise allow access to Personal Information pursuant to a legal requirement or request, such as a subpoena, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Information with others, with or without notice to you, in cases of emergency or if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of our Company, any of our Users, or any members of the general public.
For the removal of doubt, we may share your Personal Information in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so. Additionally, we may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal information in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
WHERE DO WE STORE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Information regarding the Users will be maintained, processed and stored by us and our authorized affiliates and service providers in the United States, and as necessary, in a secure cloud storage, provided by our Third-Party Service Providers.
You hereby accept the place of storage and the transfer of information as described above.
USING COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may use certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as "cookies" or "pixel tags") to understand how Users use our Service, including ones offered by Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our Website and/or Service on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide a better experience to our Users. For example, these technologies enable us to: (i) keep track of and "remember" our Users’ preferences and authenticated sessions, (ii) secure our Website by detecting abnormal behaviors, (iii) identify technical issues and improve the overall performance of our Website, (iv) and create and monitor analytics.
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details provided during the filling of a contact form or otherwise made available to us, for the purpose of informing you regarding our products and services which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing material. You may withdraw your consent via sending us written notice by email to the following address: email@example.com or by pressing the "Unsubscribe" button in the email.
Please note that the Company may also contact you with important information regarding our Website. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Website, payment issues, service maintenance, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service messages.
To use the Service, you must be over the age of sixteen (16). CureRate does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of sixteen (16) are not using the Service. In the event that it comes to our attention that a person under the age of sixteen (16) is using the Service, we may prohibit and block such User from using the Service and will make all efforts to promptly delete any Personal Information with respect to such User.
You warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian and have the actual authority and legal right to upload, submit, disclose or otherwise share the Non-Personal Information and/or Personal Information and/or any other form of sensitive information, of a minor child under your care. You may withdraw this consent at any time. Additionally, you may request erasure of the Personal Information.
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Service and our Users’ Personal Information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our Users’ Personal Information, reduce the risks stemming from loss of information and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, we do not and cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur and reiterate that no measure can provide absolute information security.
You can choose the information you share with other CureRate users (in your community). If you choose a username which can easily identify you, or voluntarily share information, which may identify you, consequently your Personal Information, which you have chosen to share on your account, including Special Categories of Personal Data, can then be identified as your data. Therefore, prior to posting any information that may identify you, you should carefully consider whether you wish to be identifiable on the Site, and whether you want to post information that may be capable of being connected to you. Once you do, and you also make Special Categories of Data about yourself available, you will be deemed as having made that data public.
We retain the Personal Information we collect only for as long as your registered user account exists in our system and as needed in order to provide you with our services and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will delete your Personal Information from our systems (except to the extent such data in whole or in part is required to comply with any applicable rule or regulation and/or to respond to or defend against legal proceedings brought against us or our affiliates).
UPDATING, OBTAINING A COPY OF, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If the law applicable to you grants you such rights, you may ask to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information that is stored in our systems. You may also ask for our confirmation as to whether or not we process your Personal Information. Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to restrict processing and/or object to the processing of your Personal Information.
Subject to the limitations in law, you may request that we update, correct, or delete inaccurate or outdated information. You may also request that we suspend the use of any Personal Information whose accuracy you contest while we verify the status of that data. Subject the limitations in law, you may also be entitled to obtain the Personal Information you directly provided us (excluding Information we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and may have the right to transmit such Information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us with an explicit request at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling these requests, we may ask for additional information to confirm your identity and your request. Please note, upon request to delete your Personal Information, we may retain such Information in whole or in part to comply with any applicable rule or regulation and/or to respond to or defend against legal proceedings brought against us or our affiliates.
To find out whether these rights apply to you and for any other privacy-related matters, you can contact your local Information protection authority if you have concerns regarding your rights under local law.
CureRate are the data controllers of the Personal Information collected in connection with the use of CureRate’s services.
- To exercise the rights regarding data protection, or revoke the consents given, the User may write to the email address email@example.com indicating "Data Protection" as a reference.
- The User may file a complaint with their national data protection authority if the User has a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handle personal information. In addition, the User can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS