What’s a kitchen without a favorite blueberry muffin recipe? Gluten-free and lactose-free, this recipe lets you enjoy your favorite muffins and keep your tummy comfortable. This recipe will be a low-FODMAP favorite with friends and family alike.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 egg white at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg white and vanilla extract. Add the maple syrup and yogurt and stir until smooth. Add the lemon juice and combine thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to the liquid ingredients. Stir until just combined, gradually adding the nondairy milk. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Do not over mix, to avoid the muffins turning out tough.
- Spoon the batter into 6 of the muffin cups. Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and let them finish cooking on a wire rack.
Be first to leave a comment